- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Monday thought of the week: get out of their way
- Travel Oregon’s “The 7 Wonders of Oregon”
- Our results for the 2014 Great Backyard Bird Count
- Wednesday photo of the week: flying like a bird
- Already thinking about camps for summer 2014?
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- LECTURE: Parenting With Nature in Mind, April 9
- Monday thought of the week: no limits
- Wednesday photo of the week: rainy day thoughts
- Monday thought of the week: to flame again
Monthly Archives: July 2011
A quick snack, then a nice little walk in Forest Park (July 28th, pictures).
I signed Patrick and myself up for a Willamette River voyager canoe paddle through the Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership. We were joined by Jasper and his mother and some of their homeschooling friends, and departed on two canoes from … Continue reading
A thought: Passion is lifted from the earth itself by the muddy hands of the young; it travels along grass-stained sleeves to the heart. If we are going to save environmentalism and the environment, we must also save an endangered … Continue reading
Not much to say about this visit, except that we always enjoy Tualatin Hills Nature Park (July 22, pictures). http://vimeo.com/29163493
On a rainy July morning, we joined a group of parents and kids from CFI Portland in making a scale model of the Solar System, a la Bill Nye (but not that large): When one thinks of the various planets constituting our … Continue reading
Spring Garden Park (Facebook) in Multnomah Village, thanks to a $10,000 grant from a contest held by Umpqua Bank, will soon become a children’s nature park (Oregon Live, 6/3/11): A project to install a nature play area in Spring Garden … Continue reading