Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK: Field Guide to Oregon Rivers
- BOOK REVIEW: Fall nature book titles from Dawn Publications look at prairies and seed dispersal
- Wednesday photo of the week: salmon homecoming
- Lunch with the Birds! in Hillsboro, November through June
- Monday thought of the week: a direct connection to the other world outside
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: sand and water play
- These Parks Depend On You and Me – Yes on 26-159
- Monday thought of the week: set the children free
- BOOK REVIEW: The Truth About Nature (& giveaway at DestinationNature.net)