Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: gorge view
- Upcoming nature events in Portland, including Earth Day at Kenton Park and Arbor Day Festival
- Monday thought of the week: to play safely outside
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: how high can he go?
- Monday thought of the week: many different things at once
- Wednesday photo of the week: what’s in the creek?
- Grand Opening of Outdoor Adventure at PCM on April 22
- Monday (um, Tuesday) thought of the week: close to home
- My two pieces in this month’s issue of Metro Parent