Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- My review of Outdoor Adventure in Metro Parent
- Wednesday photo of the week: falls hike
- Urban Nature Partners PDX’s Fundly campaign needs you!
- BOOK: Trees & Shrubs of the Pacific Northwest
- Regional Trails Fair, July 30
- Monday thought of the week: we don’t really need the science
- Photo of the week: on the trail together
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week: a surprising thing
- Wednesday photo of the week: pond looker