- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Nature-based winter break camps in the Portland area
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- I need your “likes” on a Facebook nature photo contest!
- Wednesday photo of the week: flow
- Monday thought of the week: what kind of greedy criminal
- BOOK: Children & Other Wild Animals
- BOOK: Field Guide to Oregon Rivers
- BOOK REVIEW: Fall nature book titles from Dawn Publications look at prairies and seed dispersal
- Wednesday photo of the week: salmon homecoming
- Lunch with the Birds! in Hillsboro, November through June
Category Archives: johnson creek
From the Architectural Heritage Center: Nature in the City An Art Exhibit by Portland Print Maker, Gracie Campbell Opening Reception: Friday, Feb 7, 2014 6pm-8pm Free and open to the public Featuring a Special Presentation by Matt Clark, Executive Director … Continue reading
We had not yet visited the Leach Botanical Garden in SE Portland. A beautiful day in mid-July was perfect for it (photos).
Oregon Wildlife has a contest on Facebook with three wildlife projects – Johnson Creek Watershed Council, Willamette Riverkeeper, and Wallowa Resources – competing for a $10,000 grant. Click on the image to go to the contest and cast your vote by … Continue reading
A warm summer day. A creek. The Bug Chicks. Enough said. Enjoy the photos:
Via: Children’s Discovery Carnival Saturday, September 10 Come explore Johnson Creek at five interactive activity stations (make bird feeders out of used paper towel rolls as one example) designed for children 12 and under on Saturday, September 10 in Sellwood … Continue reading
Back in March I blogged about voting for the Johnson Creek Watershed Council in “a national grant competition that would mean $30,000 to support salmon restoration in one of the last above-ground creeks in the metropolitan Portland area.” They came … Continue reading