- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Nature-based winter break camps in the Portland area
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- I need your “likes” on a Facebook nature photo contest!
- Wednesday photo of the week: flow
- Monday thought of the week: what kind of greedy criminal
- BOOK: Children & Other Wild Animals
- BOOK: Field Guide to Oregon Rivers
- BOOK REVIEW: Fall nature book titles from Dawn Publications look at prairies and seed dispersal
- Wednesday photo of the week: salmon homecoming
- Lunch with the Birds! in Hillsboro, November through June
Category Archives: “tualatin river national wildlife refuge”
This week’s photo comes a day early, because I love it and just want to share it: This giant sculpture of a bald eagle’s nest rests at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, south of Portland off of Highway … Continue reading
We have a lot to be thankful for, and I am especially thankful for the opportunity to get outside as a family today (at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, OR) and get a not-often-enough taken photo of the … Continue reading
Via the Friends of the Refuge:
More info here.
Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge (), January 16, 2013 (photos): Do you see the Great Blue Heron? That’s a Bald Eagle nest in the tree in the background: