- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Urban Nature Partners PDX’s Fundly campaign needs you!
- BOOK: Trees & Shrubs of the Pacific Northwest
- Regional Trails Fair, July 30
- Monday thought of the week: we don’t really need the science
- Photo of the week: on the trail together
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week: a surprising thing
- Wednesday photo of the week: pond looker
- My third column for Metro Parent about kids and nature
- Monday thought of the week: enough to inspire
Category Archives: “tualatin river national wildlife refuge”
This week’s photo comes a day early, because I love it and just want to share it: This giant sculpture of a bald eagle’s nest rests at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, south of Portland off of Highway … Continue reading
We have a lot to be thankful for, and I am especially thankful for the opportunity to get outside as a family today (at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, OR) and get a not-often-enough taken photo of the … Continue reading
Via the Friends of the Refuge:
More info here.
Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge (), January 16, 2013 (photos): Do you see the Great Blue Heron? That’s a Bald Eagle nest in the tree in the background: