- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Monday thought of the week: get out of their way
- Travel Oregon’s “The 7 Wonders of Oregon”
- Our results for the 2014 Great Backyard Bird Count
- Wednesday photo of the week: flying like a bird
- Already thinking about camps for summer 2014?
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- LECTURE: Parenting With Nature in Mind, April 9
- Monday thought of the week: no limits
- Wednesday photo of the week: rainy day thoughts
- Monday thought of the week: to flame again
Category Archives: “tualatin river national wildlife refuge”
This week’s photo comes a day early, because I love it and just want to share it: This giant sculpture of a bald eagle’s nest rests at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, south of Portland off of Highway … Continue reading
We have a lot to be thankful for, and I am especially thankful for the opportunity to get outside as a family today (at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, OR) and get a not-often-enough taken photo of the … Continue reading
Via the Friends of the Refuge:
More info here.
Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge (), January 16, 2013 (photos): Do you see the Great Blue Heron? That’s a Bald Eagle nest in the tree in the background:
I wonder sometimes if sweet Afton will have a fondness for rivers. Her name does come from the River Afton in Scotland (obligatory travel destination in the future!). Today, we’ll have to do with the Tualatin River, as seen from … Continue reading