- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Monday thought of the week: to pay attention
- BOOK: Children & Nature: Making Connections
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: a lake and a mountain
- Regional Nature Play and Education Symposium in Portland, Sept. 15
- Monday thought of the week: every child
- Free Portland-area advance screening of “Island of Lemurs: Madagascar,” Aug. 16
- Wednesday photo of the week: my little monkeys
- Vote for my urban nature art photo!
- Monday thought of the week: like a girl
Category Archives: “tualatin river national wildlife refuge”
This week’s photo comes a day early, because I love it and just want to share it: This giant sculpture of a bald eagle’s nest rests at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, south of Portland off of Highway … Continue reading
We have a lot to be thankful for, and I am especially thankful for the opportunity to get outside as a family today (at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, OR) and get a not-often-enough taken photo of the … Continue reading
Via the Friends of the Refuge:
More info here.
Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge (), January 16, 2013 (photos): Do you see the Great Blue Heron? That’s a Bald Eagle nest in the tree in the background: