For President’s Day, the Portland Japanese Garden offered free admission. Catherine’s parents were in town, so we decided to head on over (Catherine has been before, Patrick too – in utero, actually – but this was my first visit). The weather was nice; cloudy, but not cold at all. The garden was busy, but not Oregon-Zoo-on-a-sunny-day-in-winter-busy. Enjoy the photos:
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world