Sign the petition by June 30!
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: upward
- How we celebrated #KidstoParks Day 2016
- Monday thought of the week: let my kids be kids
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: tree trekker
- BOOK REVIEW: A Little Bit of Dirt: 55+ Science and Art Activities to Reconnect Children with Nature
- Monday thought of the week: they miss out
- Post-epilepsy surgery update
- Wednesday photo of the week: jump!
- Monday thought of the week: a wonderland to me
Monthly Archives: July 2011
A quick snack, then a nice little walk in Forest Park (July 28th, pictures).
I signed Patrick and myself up for a Willamette River voyager canoe paddle through the Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership. We were joined by Jasper and his mother and some of their homeschooling friends, and departed on two canoes from … Continue reading
A thought: Passion is lifted from the earth itself by the muddy hands of the young; it travels along grass-stained sleeves to the heart. If we are going to save environmentalism and the environment, we must also save an endangered … Continue reading
Not much to say about this visit, except that we always enjoy Tualatin Hills Nature Park (July 22, pictures). http://vimeo.com/29163493
On a rainy July morning, we joined a group of parents and kids from CFI Portland in making a scale model of the Solar System, a la Bill Nye (but not that large): When one thinks of the various planets constituting our … Continue reading
Spring Garden Park (Facebook) in Multnomah Village, thanks to a $10,000 grant from a contest held by Umpqua Bank, will soon become a children’s nature park (Oregon Live, 6/3/11): A project to install a nature play area in Spring Garden … Continue reading