Last night Patrick and I headed over to Lewis and Clark College, where the annual meeting of American Arachnological Society was being held. They put on a family night, plenty of arachnology students teaching kids and adults alike about spiders and scorpions. Nice to see Jasper and his mom there, as well as Metro naturalist James Davis (pictures). Be sure to mark this page as a useful resource for identifying common spiders in the Portland area.
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK: Birds of the Pacific Northwest
- Guest Post: Super Nature Adventures & a Giveaway
- BOOK: Out of School and Into Nature: The Anna Comstock Story
- Monday thought of the week: the play room
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week & a new book for parents – Let Them Eat Dirt
- Wednesday photo of the week: our neighborhood trail
- Monday thought of the week: little outdoor people
- Wednesday photo of the week: salamander
- Monday thought of the week: natural playmates