Yesterday, Patrick and I were finally able to go to our first Ladybug Nature Walk, which are put on by Portland Parks & Recreation from spring through fall (schedule). This walk was at Smith and Bybee Wetlands, and it being a rather gloomy morning, we were the only ones who showed up. That does not mean, however, that we did not have a great time exploring with volunteer naturalist Dave Orleans (he’s also a musician who sings songs for kids about nature – The Earthsinger). Enjoy the pictures!
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world