During the summer, Portland Parks and Recreation puts on Movies in the Park. We saw that our local park was featuring Free Willy one night. I was enthralled to find that PP&R’s environmental education program was part of the event as well, with many teen volunteers on hand to coordinate nature activities with kids. Dave Orleans “The Earthsinger” was on hand providing musical entertainment before the film began when the sun went down. Patrick got too tired to finish the movie, but we continued watching it on Netflix a few days later. Enjoy the pictures.
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world