On August 5th, Patrick and I volunteered for the Run for Outdoor School at Buckman Field at Benson High School in NE Portland. Money raised from pledges for running or walking went to support the Outdoor School Program (more info here, here, and here). We helped out by handing out water to those on the track. However, for the time span we were there, only a few people were participating. I was told there were many more earlier in the day. Enjoy the photos:
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world