Willamette Park, with a preschool friend on August 17th (photos). While he and Patrick threw rocks into the river and picked and ate blackberries, I particular enjoyed watching an osprey hovering above the area. It looked as if it was readying itself to dive and go for a fish but it never did and ended up flying off (see third to last photo, look for bird in distance above the trees to the left).
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK: Birds of the Pacific Northwest
- Guest Post: Super Nature Adventures & a Giveaway
- BOOK: Out of School and Into Nature: The Anna Comstock Story
- Monday thought of the week: the play room
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week & a new book for parents – Let Them Eat Dirt
- Wednesday photo of the week: our neighborhood trail
- Monday thought of the week: little outdoor people
- Wednesday photo of the week: salamander
- Monday thought of the week: natural playmates