While heading toward Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge to meet up with some friends (see next post), Patrick and I decided to stop by the public library in Tigard. We have always meant to check out this library (my wife’s a librarian so visiting libraries is a fun thing for us), but unfortunately it was closed. We did discover, however, some walking trails behind the library around Fanno Creek. Even better, we had with us a freshly-purchased butterfly net from the Backyard Bird Shop in Lake Oswego. Enjoy the photos:
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world