When I heard that the domestic ducks and geese at Westmoreland Park were going to be relocated (see this write up from Audubon, Westmoreland Park Duck Round-up), I decided Patrick and I should go see them before they were gone. After the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden, we headed over to the park and strolled around the many, many birds, including Canada Geese (September 15th, pics).
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK: Birds of the Pacific Northwest
- Guest Post: Super Nature Adventures & a Giveaway
- BOOK: Out of School and Into Nature: The Anna Comstock Story
- Monday thought of the week: the play room
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week & a new book for parents – Let Them Eat Dirt
- Wednesday photo of the week: our neighborhood trail
- Monday thought of the week: little outdoor people
- Wednesday photo of the week: salamander
- Monday thought of the week: natural playmates