Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Two upcoming Portland area children & nature events
- Wednesday photo of the week: planting with a hot cocoa face
- Monday thought of the week: experiences not entertainment
- Wednesday photo of the week: crossing
- VIDEO: Columbia Gorge geology
- Wednesday photo of the week: immersed
- Monday thought of the week: all the world
- Nature-based camps for Spring Break 2016
- Monday thought of the week: attention is the beginning of devotion
- Interview with Metro