Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: stick handler
- Monday thought of the week: more than we can ever learn from books
- Help kids connect to nature in National Parks! It’s so easy…
- Wednesday photo of the week: paddling
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week: just one father
- BOOK: Ancient Places: People and Landscape in the Emerging Northwest
- BOOK: Welcome to Subirdia & lecture video
- Wednesday photo of the week: on the trail together
- Monday thought of the week: nature to love everywhere