Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
Sign the petition by June 30!
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Spring nature book titles from Dawn Publications look at urban wildlife, farm animals, and growing green beans
- Wednesday photo of the week: quiet moment
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Oregon: The 85 Best Easy Hikes
- Monday thought of the week: arranging a romance
- BOOK REVIEW: Born To Be Wild: Hundreds of Free Nature Activities for Families
- Wednesday thought of the week: wetland world
- BOOK REVIEW: Vitamin N: The Essential Guide to a Nature-Rich Life
- Monday thought of the week: mastering their environment
- BOOK REVIEW: Outside: A Guide to Discovering Nature
- Upcoming nature events in Portland