Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Nature play film screenings with The Intertwine, Feb. 10
- REVIEW: MyMayu wrist gaiters & Veyo Mittyz
- Wednesday photo of the week: monkey boy
- Monday thought of the week: the downtime necessary
- Wednesday photo of the week: nature play provides balance
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week: the naturalistic experience
- Wednesday photo of the week: woods to ourselves
- BOOK REVIEW: The Natural World of Winnie-the-Pooh
- Monday thought of the week: carefree and fleeting times