Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Monday thought of the week: expectations
- Wednesday photo of the week: every kid in a park
- Monday thought of the week: nature’s original
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Weekend guided hike in Forest Park
- Wednesday photo of the week: warrior cat at the Seattle Zoo
- Monday thought of the week: for many reasons
- BOOK: Sharing Nature: Nature Awareness Activities for All Ages
- BOOK REVIEW: The Stick
- Wednesday photo of the week: deer family at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital