Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Nature-based camps for Spring Break 2016
- Monday thought of the week: attention is the beginning of devotion
- Interview with Metro
- BOOK: Nature’s Day: Discover the world of wonder on your doorstep
- Wednesday photo of the week: family time in Utah
- Monday thought of the week: something rare and very beautiful
- BOOK: Through a Green Lens: Fifty Years of Writing for Nature
- BOOK: Lassoing the Sun: A Year in America’s National Parks
- Errand Time as Nature Time
- Wednesday photo of the week: early winter