Although not in Portland, I really like this photo of Patrick holding a long-toed salamander at the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge in Washington, which Patrick and I visited on Sunday morning for a family bird walk as part of their annual Birdfest.
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: playing with spittlebugs
- Monday thought of the week: let nature be your teacher
- BOOK: Nature Anatomy: The Curious Parts & Pieces of the Natural World
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: ladybug nature walk
- BOOK REVIEW: In, by Nikki McClure & Portland book talk on May 30
- Monday thought of the week: let them look
- Wednesday photo of the week: fern girl
- Pledge to Celebrate Kids to Parks Day on May 16th; two ways to win!
- Monday thought of the week: for it all to mean anything