Nighttime Hoots & Howls
Meet a naturalist for an “after hours” walk! Hear the chirps of birds settling in for the night, the hoots of owls as they search for prey, and other night time activity. Rain or shine – PLEASE be dressed for the weather and leave your pets at home. These twilight strolls are suitable for families, however an adult must accompany all children. Please carry little ones in slings or packs. Space is limited. Register online or call 503-823-2525. Questions? Call 503-823-3601.
Friday, December 21, 5:30-7:00 PM
Take a walk during the Winter Solstice!
Kelley Point Park (meet in the last parking lot) Course #393005
Gabriel Park (meet near the restrooms/playground) Course #393006
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world