Last Thursday Patrick turned 8. Eight! We had a simple party with friends at Camille Park in Beaverton. The covered picnic shelter there was good to have since the weather was rainy, but we were treated to an afternoon sunshine break! The kids all enjoyed playing on the various nature play area elements. There was no theme, no organized activities. Patrick and his friends simply played, and had a blast doing so!
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK: Birds of the Pacific Northwest
- Guest Post: Super Nature Adventures & a Giveaway
- BOOK: Out of School and Into Nature: The Anna Comstock Story
- Monday thought of the week: the play room
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Monday thought of the week & a new book for parents – Let Them Eat Dirt
- Wednesday photo of the week: our neighborhood trail
- Monday thought of the week: little outdoor people
- Wednesday photo of the week: salamander
- Monday thought of the week: natural playmates