This post is also coming late because after returning from Crater Lake National Park and California at the beginning of this week, I just did not get back on schedule. So, here are two of my favorite images of my kids from our fun three days at Crater Lake, and my favorite image of the lake itself. Patrick jumps rock to rock along the Castle Crest wildflower trail near one of the visitor centers, and Afton explores around logs where we had our picnic lunch as we drove along the north side of the rim. Enjoy!
Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world