- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: playing with spittlebugs
- Monday thought of the week: let nature be your teacher
- BOOK: Nature Anatomy: The Curious Parts & Pieces of the Natural World
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: ladybug nature walk
- BOOK REVIEW: In, by Nikki McClure & Portland book talk on May 30
- Monday thought of the week: let them look
- Wednesday photo of the week: fern girl
- Pledge to Celebrate Kids to Parks Day on May 16th; two ways to win!
- Monday thought of the week: for it all to mean anything
Category Archives: beach
We spent last weekend in Manzanita, playing on the beach and going for a hike in Oswald West State Park. Wintery weather for sure, but such beauty and fun on the coast. You get six photos this week – enjoy! … Continue reading
A thought: This is the best thing I’ve ever done! This is better than Wii, better than the computer, and better than DS! – a friend of Patrick’s, age 7, about his family trip to the beach full of chasing … Continue reading
On June 17th, I turned 34. The three of us (4: baby girl in the belly) headed to Cannon Beach the day before (photos). Such hard work:
A thought: ALL DAY LONG Beneath the pine tree where I sat to hear what I was looking at, then by the sounding shore to find some things the tide had left behind, I thought about the hilltop blown upon … Continue reading