Sign the petition by June 30!
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: tree swing
- Monday thought of the week: watch her go!
- BOOK: The Big Book of Nature Activities: A Year-Round Guide to Outdoor Learning
- Wednesday photo of the week: immersed
- Monday thought of the week: touched
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: creek exploring
- Monday thought of the week: a paradox
- Wednesday photo of the week: happy kid, happy earth
- Monday thought of the week: heading outside
Category Archives: beach
Kyo Maclear, The Specific Ocean (Tonawanda, NY: Kids Can Press, 2015), 32 pp. Illustrated by Katty Maurey. Publisher’s description In this gently told picture book, a young girl is unhappy about having to leave the city for a family vacation on … Continue reading
We spent last weekend in Manzanita, playing on the beach and going for a hike in Oswald West State Park. Wintery weather for sure, but such beauty and fun on the coast. You get six photos this week – enjoy! … Continue reading
A thought: This is the best thing I’ve ever done! This is better than Wii, better than the computer, and better than DS! – a friend of Patrick’s, age 7, about his family trip to the beach full of chasing … Continue reading
On June 17th, I turned 34. The three of us (4: baby girl in the belly) headed to Cannon Beach the day before (photos). Such hard work: