- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Monday thought of the week: get out of their way
- Travel Oregon’s “The 7 Wonders of Oregon”
- Our results for the 2014 Great Backyard Bird Count
- Wednesday photo of the week: flying like a bird
- Already thinking about camps for summer 2014?
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- LECTURE: Parenting With Nature in Mind, April 9
- Monday thought of the week: no limits
- Wednesday photo of the week: rainy day thoughts
- Monday thought of the week: to flame again
Category Archives: beach
A thought: This is the best thing I’ve ever done! This is better than Wii, better than the computer, and better than DS! – a friend of Patrick’s, age 7, about his family trip to the beach full of chasing … Continue reading
On June 17th, I turned 34. The three of us (4: baby girl in the belly) headed to Cannon Beach the day before (photos). Such hard work:
A thought: ALL DAY LONG Beneath the pine tree where I sat to hear what I was looking at, then by the sounding shore to find some things the tide had left behind, I thought about the hilltop blown upon … Continue reading
Since I was off today, we decided to drive out to the coast to attempt to see some of the gray whales that are migrating south to Baja, as I mentioned here. Ecola State Park, on the northside of Cannon … Continue reading