- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: where did the time go?
- BOOK REVIEW: The Northwest Coastal Explorer
- Monday thought of the week: the landscapes they inhabit
- VIDEO: Nature is everywhere — we just need to learn to see it – TED Talks
- VIDEO: This Is Your Brain on Nature – Nat Geo Live
- Wednesday photo of the week: autumn beauty
- Monday thought of the week: the nature of our own selves
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Best Outdoor Adventures Near Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: out on a limb
Category Archives: john muir
A thought: But let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and … Continue reading