Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world
Category Archives: mt. hood
Next summer when Afton is less a baby and more a toddler, I’m hoping to explore some trails around Mount Hood. We’ve only been out to Timberline Lodge once, and have not explored anywhere around the mountain. This book published … Continue reading
On Mount Hood: A Biography of Oregon’s Perilous Peak, by Jon Bell (Seattle, WA: Sasquatch Books, 2011), 211 pp. Paperback edition published on April 23, 2013. On Mount Hood is a contemporary, first-person narrative biography of Oregon’s greatest mountain, featuring … Continue reading
If I wanted to teach my child about the Columbia River Gorge, that 80-mile canyon that stretches between Oregon and Washington, where multitudes of waterfalls – including Multnomah Falls – pour into the westward-bound Columbia River, we could head over … Continue reading
Some might like to know about this, happening tomorrow: Please join us for the continuation of our Winter 2012 USGS Brownbag Seminar Series. On Tuesday, February 28th we are thrilled to host local author Jon Bell. The title of his … Continue reading
Last Friday there was no school for my little explorer. I had to take the day off from work to be with him (no complaints there!), and the sun was shining. Outside it was! We decided to do the 4T … Continue reading