Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world
Category Archives: nature play sign
Last spring when I attended the annual Children & Nature Network conference in Vancouver, B.C., I met Linda McGurk, a Swedish-born, Indiana-living freelance journalist and mother of two girls who writes the blog Rain or Shine Mamma. We had been … Continue reading
I am very delighted to have been interviewed for Nature Kids Radio from the Nature Kids Institute about connecting my kids to local nature, how science fits in to my family’s nature explorations, our Children at Nature Play signs, and my … Continue reading
It’s official! Our Children at Nature Play signs are now available for order. We’re excited about all the interest we’ve received so far. At this point, we’ve sent out signs to: – an environmental high school in Land O Lakes, … Continue reading
We’ll soon have our nature play signs up for sale at NaturePlaySign.com! In the meantime, we have some more shirts available through Teespring.com. Each shirt design will be printed if we sell 5 of that design, with about a week … Continue reading
Over at NaturePlaySign.com, we offer a variety of t-shirts for kids and adults through Teespring.com. Click on KIDS or ADULTS below to go to our t-shirt storefronts. T-shirt designs only get printed if at least 5 are ordered, so spread … Continue reading
Thank you, friends and nature play advocates! Last Saturday our nature play t-shirt campaign through Teespring.com ended and we sold 47 t-shirts/hoodies/etc. – well above our goal of 30. If you ordered something, we are grateful and look forward to … Continue reading
We’re having loads of fun with our t-shirt fundraiser to raise money to make our nature play signs – there are just 10 days left to order a t-shirt! Can we count on you?
Have you purchased a Children at Nature Play t-shirt yet? Here’s a little incentive: the first person (in Oregon) to comment here and share that you’ve just purchased a t-shirt through our campaign will receive a copy of a great … Continue reading
I like to raise awareness about the importance of connecting children to nature. As a parent of two who regularly spends a lot of time outside, I see the value in stepping out of the house and exploring in nature … Continue reading