Purchase books from
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Charley Harper’s What’s in the Desert? A Nature Discovery Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Seasons of Joy
- BOOK REVIEW: On a Magical Do-Nothing Day
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Pacific Northwest National Parks and Monuments: The 75 Best Easy Hikes
- BOOK: Rainy Day Kids Adventure Book
- BOOK REVIEW: Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
- BOOK: There’s No Such Thing as Bad Weather & GIVEAWAY!
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- BOOK REVIEW: Where’s Rodney?
- BOOKS: Six recent titles from Dawn Publications about the natural world
Category Archives: paleontology
I have yet to visit the Grand Canyon. My family and I have visited many of the familiar national parks of the west, but so far not this miles-wide chasm in Arizona. After reading the new children’s book Grand Canyon … Continue reading
Craigmore Creations, the Portland publisher that brought out Right Where You Are Now (see this post), also has a series of time travel graphic novels for kids about geology and paleontology, Terra Tempo. I reviewed the second in the series, Terra Tempo, … Continue reading
At the Rice Museum in Hillsboro: NARG’s Northwest Fossil Fest August 13, 2011 Inquire, Inspire, Interact Please join us at the Rice Museum in Hillsboro, Oregon to celebrate Fossil Marine Mammals of the Ancient Northwest! NARG is sponsoring a free event for families to … Continue reading