Sign the petition by June 30!
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- BOOK REVIEW: Spring nature book titles from Dawn Publications look at urban wildlife, farm animals, and growing green beans
- Wednesday photo of the week: quiet moment
- BOOK REVIEW: The Creaky Knees Guide Oregon: The 85 Best Easy Hikes
- Monday thought of the week: arranging a romance
- BOOK REVIEW: Born To Be Wild: Hundreds of Free Nature Activities for Families
- Wednesday thought of the week: wetland world
- BOOK REVIEW: Vitamin N: The Essential Guide to a Nature-Rich Life
- Monday thought of the week: mastering their environment
- BOOK REVIEW: Outside: A Guide to Discovering Nature
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
Category Archives: “tualatin river national wildlife refuge”
Last Friday was REI’s #OptOutside push – they closed all their stores for Black Friday, and paid their employees to get outside instead. They encouraged others to spend the day in nature instead of shopping. Not that we’re a shopping … Continue reading
This week’s photo comes a day early, because I love it and just want to share it: This giant sculpture of a bald eagle’s nest rests at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, south of Portland off of Highway … Continue reading
We have a lot to be thankful for, and I am especially thankful for the opportunity to get outside as a family today (at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, OR) and get a not-often-enough taken photo of the … Continue reading
Via the Friends of the Refuge:
More info here.