Sign the petition by June 30!
- All writings and photographs on this site are, unless otherwise noted, © Michael D. Barton.
- Wednesday photo of the week: upward
- How we celebrated #KidstoParks Day 2016
- Monday thought of the week: let my kids be kids
- Upcoming nature events in Portland
- Wednesday photo of the week: tree trekker
- BOOK REVIEW: A Little Bit of Dirt: 55+ Science and Art Activities to Reconnect Children with Nature
- Monday thought of the week: they miss out
- Post-epilepsy surgery update
- Wednesday photo of the week: jump!
- Monday thought of the week: a wonderland to me
Category Archives: “tualatin river national wildlife refuge”
Last Friday was REI’s #OptOutside push – they closed all their stores for Black Friday, and paid their employees to get outside instead. They encouraged others to spend the day in nature instead of shopping. Not that we’re a shopping … Continue reading
This week’s photo comes a day early, because I love it and just want to share it: This giant sculpture of a bald eagle’s nest rests at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, south of Portland off of Highway … Continue reading
We have a lot to be thankful for, and I am especially thankful for the opportunity to get outside as a family today (at Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge in Sherwood, OR) and get a not-often-enough taken photo of the … Continue reading
Via the Friends of the Refuge:
More info here.